Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grandpa's Pants

I've been posting sporadically, but need to share something. Here's a poem from a moment of pausing to ponder in part what I've been experiencing and thinking:

Grandpa's postal pants splitting in the seams,
"Time to make them fit me better, or so it seems."

Took them to the tailor and had him bring the waist in.
Now I guess grandpa really won't want his pants again.

Pants starts with "P" and so do themes I saw in John 4:
Patterns, Places, People, Praise, Power, and maybe more.

Always seeking to know Jesus more and recently reading John.
Noticing they way Jesus' statements can lead conversation on.

For example Nicodemus, who was drawn to Jesus believing He was from God,
was told, "unless one is born again, he can't see the kingdom of God."

Nicodemus at first does not quite fully understand,
But Jesus gets an opportunity to speak more to this man.

And with the Samaritan woman, "Give me a drink."
"If you knew the gift of God..." living water ask for to drink.

Jesus finally reveals, "I who speak to you am he."
The woman goes to her village and says, "Come and see!"

The people went and met Jesus, those the woman told.
Meeting him for themselves, "Indeed this is the Savior of the World."


There's a little taste, an "add 3 cups water" concentration
squeezed out and distilled with rhymes and alliteration.

(This Daniel's Digestions post should be sponsored by pelleted feed makers)

No comments: