I just read these lines by Samuel Zwemer: "Once men are dominated by the conviction that a thing must be done, they will stop at nothing until it is accomplished."
This quote got me like snow down your neck as I read it this morning. That is because I had just journaled my frustrations of how this concept of seeing something that needs to be done and doing it plays out in my life. I find it easy to be all about my work as a carpenter or farmer, fo I can see the thing that must be done (especially milking the cows) and therefore I'll solve any problems, endure any physical sacrifice or risks necessary to accomplish my task. But then I wrote, "Why don't I always feel the urgency and come with a clear understanding [vision] of seeing the work of loving God and loving people accomplished?" I concluded part of it is the struggle of faith and the ability to see clearly. The ability to see both the task and the goal aimed for and rejoicing in view of the resulting accomplishment.
Since this is just to be a short note I'll conclude with something I read in 1 Peter this morning: "so that the tested genuineness of your faith- more precious that gold that perishes though it is tested by fire- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. ...Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minder, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:7-9,13
May the coming praise, glory and honor to Jesus for his grace in saving repentant sinners dominate our convictions; and be real as the milk flowing from the cow. Let us stop at nothing until this prayer of the Psalmist in 72 is fulfilled, "Blessed be his glorious name forever, may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Of course we can really relate to this post, and find it to be great insight! Thanks for the challenge!
Love Mom & Dad
Post a Comment