I recently finished reading a book by Henri Nouwen titled In the Name of Jesus. It was some reflections on leadership written in a unique, personal style. As Henri was making one of his points he used the imagery of being set free from slavery and moving towards a promised land. Wow, the images of tangible history help us to better understand concepts and ideas. Even this morning as I was reading the end of Exodus 34 when Moses came down from the mountain after being with God and the skin of his face shone so he had to cover his face with a veil, I recalled Paul’s use of this event to explain to the Corinthians how great it is that by the Spirit through Christ we relate to God.
The testimonies, the stories of what God has done are the ways we grow in understanding our Creator and Lover. And that is part of how we are passing on the message of God’s grace- through stories and testimonies of how our Lord has shown Himself Loving, Faithful, Powerful, Holy,…
Although in the past I had other thoughts on the topic of remembering and proclaiming, I don't remember them all. Take what you get from this blog knowing there's more where it came from. These posts are the occasional 'cuds' that make it into digital form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment