Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nothing is Beyond You

My top song lately has been Rich Mullins' "Nothing is Beyond You." Here are a few of the words:

Nothing is beyond You
You stand beyond the reach
Of our vain imaginations - our misguided piety
The heavens stretch to hold You and deep cries out to deep
Saying that, "Nothing is beyond You, nothing is beyond You"
Time cannot contain You - You fill eternity
Sin can never stain You - death has lost its sting
I cannot explain the way You came to love me
Except to say that nothing is beyond You, nothing is beyond You

Sometimes in my journal (I think only twice so far) I have written a poem after sitting there and not knowing what to write or where to start. I get that same "block" when I sit down to write something to share on this blog. The block happens when everything tries to rush out of a much smaller "doorway" -in this case a keyboard and website. How do Mark 8, Romans 12, Isaiah 11 & 12, Job, and Psalm 139 go together? Well, they don't necessarily, but that I have recently read them for diverse reasons.

Well, what I'm digesting is the One who is describe with the capitalized pronoun 'You' in the song above. God is supreme and sovereign as He loves me, He loves us. There is something mysterious, majectic, and mighty in the Jesus that has come and is coming, and yet is with us even now. That is some of the concept that, "Time cannot contain You - You fill eternity." as Rich sings and, "You stand beyond the reach of our vain imaginations - our misguided piety," and I reflect on a righteousness that is by faith "Sin can never stain You - death has lost its sting
I cannot explain the way You came to love me Except to say that nothing is beyond You, nothing is beyond You"

Scattered thoughts gathered up as I wrote this post.
Jesus is the best, and I'm off to bed to get some rest.

No comments: