Thursday, January 8, 2009

Psalm 73 song



The picture is of Niagara Falls from our honeymoon. Waterfalls are full of power and beauty. Our Creator too has that kind of both/and characteristics. He is Just, yet patient and loving, but still very harsh. I think of Aslan and the quote about him, "Is he safe? No. But he's good."

Psalm 73 is a psalm of Asaph whining about why good happens to the bad people and the righteous seem to not get the best results in life, but then he reflects further on God "when I entered your house of worship" and gains the full perspective on life. The song is from the last part of that Psalm- Asaph's confession and praise to God and his committment to God- because God is "the strength of his heart and his portion forever." "I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge, I will tell of all Your deeds."

May these truths of God be a blessing to you and may you also be able to see the world as Asaph was able to and so he could praise God. Glory be to God.

No comments: