I've had clever thoughts and deeply insightful thoughts about what I might have for the content in this initial posting, but now I'm taking action. This 'blogging' comes at Lynn's encouragement for me to write down and share about what I think about, those topics I ruminate on during my days and nights.
This will be great practice for me to have a metaphorical "kiln" to fire the clay I otherwise mush and mold incessantly in my mind but never let it get away so it can be useful as a pot. While I've entitled this blog "DANIEL's DIGESTion," it really relates more to the function of the kiln. The meditative, ruminating processes relate to the handling of the clay, but the kiln reveals to all the world what the workings and shapings were- what it is that happened on the wheel in the private studio of the artist.
May friends and family find blessing, and many 'useful' insights I may share here.
When I can't be with you face to face, technological communication will bring the far near.
My regrets that only a small bit will ever get written and posted to this blog,
My mind could give you a forest fire and all you'll get here is a burning log.
Enjoy the light you do get from my 'ruminations' formed into words,
and be glad that's what you'll get instead of what ruminating and digesting puts in cowyards.
Leaving you with this thought:
The Purpose of the Daniel Digest is to compose words from ideas; so that we all can grow to see what it's really about- not merely blogging on the firing of a clay pot, but what metaphors like that can help us comprehend. I believe in an infinite Truth that we cannot fully understand. But from what we have experienced and been revealed to know- these are the things to show us glimpses of Him.
Yes, Truth is a Person. And He is the most Glorious, He is Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can hardly wait for more!! I've missed the ruminating thoughts I had the pleasure of hearing in Thailand.
Post a Comment